
"keep a green tree in your heart for your free dream"
this is what is written on the first page of my present journal. When i bought it from the store on Granville island, it was already printed there on the page, with 10 straight lines underneath, waiting for someone's free dream to be written there. To this day it remains blank. How can i sum up the dreams of my heart in 10 small lines? The journal is now almost full. Full of adventures and stories, hurts and joys, and dreams. I may just write in the empty lines "see following pages". Because my dream wasn't formed when i was 8 and wanted to be a marine biologist. Because when i hit high school i discovered i had no passion whatsoever for biology. My dream wasn't formed when i took dance lessons, went on band trips, played soccer, or ran around the track. I thank God that he didn't give me an incredible, natural ability to do something exceedingly well. Such as singing, a sport...something that makes you who you are. Something that defines who you are. You enjoy it because you're great at it, and your whole life is devoted to it, hopefully all for the glory of God. Because i need the desperateness of not knowing. I need to trust my God every day in what he has for me.
I have been involved with children's ministry, youth ministry, street ministry, elderly ministry...I have been involved in "ministry" my whole life it seems. And I have to say that I'm not drawn to any one more than the other. Some areas are more comfortable for me, but i always love a challenge. I have absolutely no idea what God has in store for me. But i have dreams. And those dreams could take me anywhere. I know these things for certain: that I can trust in my Jesus every day with everything. That I want to spend my life risking everything i have for the one who gave it all to me, with the ones i love at my side.
No comments:
Post a Comment